Coast to Capital (C2C) have a limited time window to apply for business grants to support planned expansion within the C2C region. Aimed at SMEs, the grants are available to companies who will be recruiting within the region, they do not need to be based or registered in the C2C area.
The application period is limited with expression of interest forms to be submitted by 15th October. The forms required are available on the C2C website.
The grant scheme is available for SMEs operating in;
- Advanced Engineering
- Environmental Technologies, Goods and Services
- Creative, Digital and IT
- Healthcare, Medical Technology and Life Sciences
The variety of industry sectors covered by the scheme is broader than is often seen and a real positive.
Uses of the grant scheme
The grants can be used for a variety of purposes listed below. The grant scheme offers up to 40% total project funding with amounts from £10k to £100k. As a guide there needs to be one new job created for every £15k grant allocated.
The purposes for which grant funding is open are;
- ICT equipment and infrastructure
- Building works- refurbishment and remodeling
- Business vehicles
- Furniture and fitting and storage equipment
- Tools and other essential equipment
- Plant and essential building services
- One-off security equipment
- Commercial catering equipment and plant
- Retail fittings and point of sale equipment
As with the industry sectors, the list of acceptable purposes is broad. Some costs associated with the above are not covered by the grant funding (such as labour, rent, rates and premises) however these can form part of the 60% total cost funded by the applicant.
Remember that time is limited and EOIs need to be submitted by 15th October.
For companies requiring finance of the remaining 60% then please get in touch. Lending that sits alongside grant funding can often be raised on preferential terms so please do ask.
By Dave Farmer
Coast To Capital Region